[Ubuntu-be] Gent computer fair report

Mark Van den Borre mvdborre at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 20:04:25 GMT 2006

Hi all,

A short note on today's computer fair in Gent, starring Adriaan,
Xavier, Jan, Peter and me:

* Except for Adriaan and most of our stuff, we weren a bit late
(mostly due to too adventurous time scheduling on my site). This made
the beginning of the fair a bit chaotic.
* 32 new subscribers for an ubuntu-be-nl-announce mailing list waiting
for creation.
* 32€ in donations received, 12€ of them spent on CD-R's
* 38€ ubuntu-be.org money spent on booth rent (post factum donor still welcome!)
* 62€ is ubuntu-be.org's working capital right now
* I am trying to get permission to sell t-shirts and other
non-electronic Ubuntu stuff  at the fair to fund our activities. No
answer yet, but looks promising.

Random thought:
* It might be wise to plan our future fairs presence in function of
the top X most visited fairs. Gent clearly attracts more people than
other fairs.

Sincerely,

Mark
--