[Ubuntu-be] Mark's ideas for ubuntu-be

Francois Schoubben fsc at info.fundp.ac.be
Sat Mar 4 12:06:54 GMT 2006

Guillaume Desmottes a écrit :

>Good afternoon Ubuntu lovers !

'noon

>[kouik]
>

>>If we need web space(?), we could probably be able to get that from
>>ubuntu.{com,org}.
>>

>I think than Ubuntu's policy is to avoid to give web ressource to LoCo
>team because it would be too difficult to handle (they refuse to host
>ubuntu-fr).

I think too, see my last post

>>* Gather press contacts. I will take care of this on the nl_be/vl
>>side.
>>

>A wiki wouldn't be a good idea for that? Or someone who collects all
>contacts sent by the community?

Not especialy a wiki, if there is a WYSIWYG way to introduce data in the
site, if think it's more interesting. Be able to show it and to say non
geek people : "Yes, even you can do it and help us, without learning
anything more". If somebody see wiki syntax somewhere, he say's : "it
for geek, not for me".

Does this list must be world viewable ? Can we publish at large those
informations ? It's not a "keep secrete" think i say, it's a "don't help
people to disturb journalists too much. If it's not public, forget my
previous paragraph, i love wiki syntax too :-)

That make me think about "do we must have private part on the website" ?

>We must not only look for "serious" newspapers contacts. A lot of
>magazines like TV guides have one or two pages about IT stuffs and can
>be interested by informations about Ubuntu.
>If each of us collects contact address from the magazines he has at his
>home, we'll quickly have a good DB for Dapper release.

+1
--
F.