[Ubuntu-be] First ideas

Jan Claeys ubuntu at janc.be
Thu Mar 2 19:17:07 GMT 2006

Op wo, 01-03-2006 te 23:39 +0100, schreef Lionel Dricot:
> Public relations :
>
> - I suggest to make an official public relation team for each language.
> The team would be in charge for press releases, press contact, ...
> Also, I suggest that we choose an official spokesman for each language.
> It could be the same if he can talk perfectly the two (three ?)
> languages ;-)
>
> So : who want to take parts in wich team ? Do you feel you can be the
> official spokesman ? (it may include someday a public speeches)

We also need people to be "liaisons" to related Ubuntu teams, e.g.
ubuntu-nl/ubuntu-fr (and maybe also to other groups of people?).  We
should co-ordinate with them so that we don't do any unnecessary
duplicate efforts...
Call it an "internal relations team" or something like that...   ;-)

> Website :
>
> - I suggest that we make a website team. We need hosting. I've heard
> that someone can provide it. I can it too.
> I suggest that we use CMSMS http://www.cmsmadesimple.org/home.shtml  to
> build the site. With each language as the main category then with
> sub-categories.
> We will need some CSS gurus to make a good looking website :-)
>
> Who want to be the main webmaster ? The main webmaster will be
> responsible for the installation, the maintenance and the managment of
> the CMS (including managing permissions for different people)
> Who want to take part in the design team ?

I think we better first talk about what we do & don't want on that site,
before we choose how to build it...?

(I think that we'll rather have too many people wanting to do the
webhosting, webdesign, etc. than not enough ;-) )

Also, someone I know is working on a google maps based web application
where we can register free ubuntu cd pick-up points, people who can &
want to help with ubuntu, ubuntu-friendly shops, etc.  I'm not sure how
far he got already though.

And for now, let's first set some "urgent" goals; those things that we
want to have ready by dapper release (20th of April) which isn't far
away...

--
Jan Claeys