[Ubuntu-be] press release: Le Vif

Amedee Van Gasse amedee at amedee.be
Mon Jun 26 11:41:33 BST 2006

On Mon, June 26, 2006 11:39, Marc Portier said:
> Martin Erpicum wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've just received a mail coming form a possible further Ubunteros. He
>> told me that he first heard about Ubuntu from this article - so, good
>> impact ! :-)
>>
>> Martin
>>

> I think this shows the impact the 'old' media still have.
>
> On the downside of it: Dunno if others witness the same but after some
> initial boost of requests after the announcements in the Flemish media,
> things have been really quiet lately.
>
> Mark, do you have numbers on the requests per week? Is it just me/my
> region (= coast, being busy for holiday season maybe) ?
>
> IMHO it will be a challenge to find interesting ways to regularly grab
> the attention...

The first (and only so far) demo I gave, was to someone who heard about
Linux in general and Ubuntu specificly in evening school in CVO Temse.
(Centrum voor Volwassenen Onderwijs).
The teacher told him there was someone distributing Ubuntu in
Sint-Niklaas, and Google did the rest.

I don't know if I already mentioned it here, but in september CVO LBC-NVK
Sint-Niklaas starts with a course "Open Source":
http://lbc9100.be/html/opensource.html
I'm thinking about contacting the teacher, perhaps he can use our help.

--
Amedee