[Ubuntu-be] [Support points map] Rewriting from scratch...

Philippe Vanhaesendonck amedee at topgame.be
Thu Jun 22 19:34:37 BST 2006

mongolito404 wrote:
> So i'm seriously thinking to restart from scratch. And to reduce work,
> to use an existing PHP Framework. For the framework, CakePHP and
> CodeIgniter seems good choice. Currently the second has my preference.
Using a FrameWork for an application of this size looks a bit an
overkill to me, but if you propose to do it yourself anyway and the use
of a FrameWork makes you warm and fuzzy, please go ahead ;)

If I may add something to the functionalities wish list, rather than
having  French and  Flemish data, I would prefer to have Belgian data
with  language information -- Most of the people are able to help in at
least more than one language, and it would be nice that the map tells
you who can help you in your area in your own language
(Flemish/French/German/English) rather than who is subscribed on the
Flemish/French side of the map as it is right now.

Enjoy GoogleMap API

--
Philippe