[Ubuntu-be] evaluatie

Jan Claeys ubuntu at janc.be
Sat Jun 10 11:47:54 BST 2006

Op za, 10-06-2006 te 09:58 +0200, schreef FD-Computers:
> - Waarom kan ubuntu geen mp3 ondersteuning geven ?   ik weet wel dat die
> iets van licenties is, maar waarom kan dit dan vb. wel direct in windows
> met de windows media player ???

Because Microsoft pays for the license.

> - Wat kunnen we doen met ubuntu dat er wel standaard mp3 ondersteuning
> zou zijn ?

An Ubuntu default install has nu proprietary programs installed, and the
only way to distribute a legal mp3 codec is in binary-only form.
(The Fluendo codec in multiverse is legal in all countries.)

There should be a way for programs to identify the codec needed and
start a program that guides users to ways to obtain the required codecs
in a legal way.

> - Ik vind de standaard programma's van (k)ubuntu toch iets wat pover,
> (voor mij persoonlijk speelt dat geen apt-get rol maar ik spreek voor
> iedereen)

What do you mean by that?

--
Jan Claeys