[Ubuntu-be] CD jackets

Bastien Gorissen kadomony at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 23:20:54 BST 2006

Hi everyone !

> When looking the PDF files on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DIYMarketing, I
> can only find 4 (??6) faces jackets, so I'm a bit confused.
> Are there any 2 faces jackets as on :
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/EdubuntuCdLabelAndSlip ?

I couldn't find either, so I made a quick first version of what we could
use as a basis for glued slip jackets, or as insert for slimcases (they
are cheap enough, and provide obviously a better protection than cd
jackets, even if, as Snulkid said, folded jackets have more "usable space").

The design is based on the "official" ones, but with a small
introduction text about ubuntu-be.org. Here are links to png versions :

Front :
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i127/Grungi_Ankhfire/Cd_slimcase_PC_front.png

Back :
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i127/Grungi_Ankhfire/Cd_slimcase_PC_inside.png

Some quick remarks :

- It's my first time using inkscape, or dealing with svg for that
matter, and my svg files were not quite right when loaded by firefox...
That's the reason I uploaded png versions.
- It's also my first time designing cd cases, so I'm sure the design
could be much better. If you want the files to fiddle with them, tell me.
- I did an english version for PC cd's, but if you think these could be
used, I'll make french versions, and try to do dutch and german versions
(for german, I'll need help, and for dutch, correcting :D) for all
architectures.

That's it, hope it proves useful...

Bastien