[Ubuntu-be] Support point map and shops list status

Lucien Demeuse lucien.demeuse at skynet.be
Fri Aug 18 12:46:19 BST 2006

Hi everybody,

Just an information, I spent a lot of time to install my D-Link-G650+
(AC111 chipset) finaly via ndiswrapper on a ubuntu - Compaq notebook Evo
N610c. This card works well except at the power-on most of the time I
have to repeat 2 or three time the boot procedure to have the PC working.

Yesterday, I bought a pcmcia card ASUS WL-107G (chipset RT2500)(25 EUR
at TDH - Wavre). I put the card in the PC, adjust the parameters and
everything works perfectly without any problems (blacklist and #ndiswrapper)
I regret that I did'nt find such informormation beforhand I would save
plenty of time.

I have to buy a new motherboard and processor but I do'nt find anywhere
a clear situation of what motherboard, processor and graphic card work
well on the shelf and where to buy.

Congratulation for the effort you make to help the ubuntu community

Regards,

Lucien

E'mail : lucien.demeuse at skynet.be