[Ubuntu-BD] ``সফটওয়্যার মুক্তি দিবস – ২০১১” তে বাংলাদেশে উৎসব আয়োজন

Junayeed Ahnaf Nirjhor zombiegenerator at aol.com
Thu Sep 22 13:19:45 UTC 2011

Hello everyone,

I have not been very vocal lately. Time has come to break the silence and speak up.

Following Mouyoukh and Masnun bhai's mail a thought trickled my mind. I was wondering what might be the reasons behind the ranting (Yes I am not saying that one party attacks blindly when the other party just sits idle. Clap needs two hands to make a sound). Beside Masnun bhai's well constructed reasons, I find some more reasons which **might** have something to do with these constant flaming that's happening lately.

The issues being :

Dubious language. Really, no-one here is reluctant enough not to understand the shortcomings and cons of Linux that needs blatant praise by outlandish language. The blind outlandish language that often gets used is annoying enough let alone the tone. Often unreasoned allegory being brought up too (Someone brought up caretaker govt issue in this very topic).Lack of tolerance is one of the main reasons this is happening. When we start something groundbreaking (namely, getting involved with FOSS here) we should be rational.
Lack of ubiquity. Back in early 2009 when Bangladeshi Linux groups counts only handful of few and knowledge was nurtured and youngsters were brought up, everyone had a surreal sense of ubiquity. That is truly and surely, gone.No moderation at all. I know there had been mishap. But the way moderators let go off any rules and regulation is saddening, truth be told. If someone is busy, there could be a stop gap solution.Putting up unnecessary data is very **disgusting** . We really do not want to know whose language skill is in which level or who is the member of where. That looks more like hefty self endorsement than a nifty signature. Churns gets included on a cosy mail every now and then in this list that those need not mentioning. We all should learn how to deliver concise, sharp speech.Last but not the least, there is acute lack of unified goal. One starts an organization , one starts criticizing, one dubbed one as "procrastinator" ........ List goes on...... Where is it ultimately heading? Nowhere. Quite simply, in vain. The realization needs to be there that this is not the way our oldfather wanted us to be.
Vamoosing , ranting, swearing , cursing gets nobody to nowhere. The unity, peace and sense of reliability is crucial for a movement of this magnitude to be successful.

Let's discuss honestly what do we want, how can we achieve it and let's be unified. Godspeed.

Nirjhor - Co-Founder : http://www.extradroid.com