[Ubuntu-BD] FOSS & Ubuntu in Bangladesh

Mohammad Mukhtaruzzaman jewel98 at gmail.com
Tue May 17 11:50:13 UTC 2011

Yah, Problem for people that they are memorising, not learning. And, the
problems with OS and other software exist not only in Bangladesh but whole
the world, though in our contry ratio is high.

So, in my opinion, main problem is, lack of standardization in OS and some
other software.

For example, There are standard for SQL. So, when a person learn SQL
then s/he is able to work easily on MSSQL or MySQL or other. Even by name
anyone can realize what the product is. Syntax are also similar. May be few
features can vary depending on different company.

But, no standard for OS . So,
One is calling Control Panel, another is System.
One keeps menu bottom, another in top.
One keeps button left, another in right.
These are minor difference and also adjustable, just for example.

Another example can be given from Office. (MSOffice/OpenOffice, this name is
OK)
If the software is Spreadsheet; then it may be MS-Spreadsheet and
Open-Spreadsheet or something like this. So that, user can recognize by name
what it is and product of which company.
But, one is calling MS-Excel another is Open-Calc
If the standard is Excel, then it should be MS-Excel and Open-Excel
If the standard is Calc, then it should be MS-Calc and Open-Calc.
I am giving just name only to realize the problem in simple way.

In case of OS and few other Software, Options are very limited and still no
standard is set. Everyone is hiring a new thing/concept for almost ervery
cases rather maintaining a standard. New things are needed for continous
developement but rapid/frequently changes due to absent of a
standard, common users are suffering.
--
Mohammad Mukhtaruzzaman (Jewel)