[Ubuntu-BD] How about some vim?

Junayeed Ahnaf Nirjhor zombiegenerator at aol.com
Thu Apr 28 08:30:13 UTC 2011

> 1. I'm using vim 7x . Where's the default .vimrc file? Don't tell me
> to use "search" pls.
>
> Its in your $HOME directory. if ~/.vimrc doesn't exists you need to create
one.
A sample should be available in /usr/share folder
But you should search "locate vimrc"

Okay did that.

> 2. Can vimpress work with wp hosted blog? If yes, how?
>
> 3. What's the best practise on multiple line yanking? yNw/j seems to
> need counting the line on first place.
>
> 10yj will copy(y) 11 lines down(j) from the cursors position.

isn't it y10j and d10j?

10dj will delete(d) 11 lines down(j) from the cursors position
What was yank? I forgot it..

Yank=Copy

> 4. How to add language specific syntax highlight? On feature list, it
> says vim 7x supports unique style of highlighting for a plethora of
> language.

It was similar to "syntax on" on : prompt or in vimrc file
Wouldn't the highlight be different for different language?