[Ubuntu-BD] উবুন্টু'র সাথে ডুয়েল বুটে চলা এক্সপি-কে আবার সেট-আপ দিলে উবুন্টু তার সব ফাইল-পত্র নিয়ে ঠিক থাকবে?

Jamal Khan jamal919 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 05:15:06 UTC 2011

 I assumed that you are using dual boot where windows and ubuntu are in
separate pertitions. For datas stored in windows drive , backup them in any
other drive. And the good news is that you don't need to reinstall ubuntu .
It will kept intact :) All you have to do is to recover the grub for booting
ubuntu.

1. Backup important files from vista drive to any other drive.
2. Install xp over the vista drive.
3. Recover grub using live cd. For  tutorial -
http://www.webupd8.org/2009/12/how-to-recover-grub2-linux.html
4. run sudo update-grub in ubuntu . thats all.

Here with vista drive i meant where vista is currently installed.