[Ubuntu-BD] Problem with desktop effect in KDE Fedora 14 beta

Junayeed Ahnaf zombiegenerator at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 15:06:56 BST 2010

Hi,

I've installed KDE (4.5.1) of fedora 14 beta. There seems to be a bug
with kwin. If I enable compositing and enable effect, it runs smooth
until I reboot.

When I reboot the PC, only a blank screen appears with a mouse
pointer. I can do anything with terminal but there is just no GUI. I
had to re-install Fedora thrice. And I don't have much bandwidth left
(After 5 GB I will crawl with the new gp p2) to experiment things.

Using Intel DG41rq on-board graphics accelerator. So how can I enable
compositing of kwin?

Should I enable compiz and disable kwin?

P.S: I am posting this message on ubuntu bd mailing list to get crowd
attention. Please pardon if it offend the T&C of mailing list. I
eventually thought the problem might be of KDE's and it could be
solved with a distro independent solution. I apologize if I am
mistaken.
--

I am me, I wanna be me. Like me or not, this is the way I am-

Junayeed Ahnaf Nirjhor
Linux Mint Bangladesh
Facebook- http://www.facebook.com/nirjhor
Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/nirjhor