[Ubuntu-BD] I Want to know about WINE.

Junayeed Ahnaf zombiegenerator at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 12:44:57 BST 2010

On Thursday, June 10, 2010 05:31:52 pm arafat_ah at ovi.com wrote:
> Hello, i heard that, windows (.exe) softwares can be installed in ubuntu by
> WINE. Please tell me how can i install Wine in my ubuntu pc and the
> methods of using WINE. Thanks.

WINE is an win32 API emulator. It can run some (not all) windows files
natively. WINE can be via issuing "sudo apt-get install wine" and after
installing wine, just right click on any windows .exe file and choose "open
with wine" that's all............

PS: If yuor intention is to play games using wine, consider installing
playonlinux. Visit www.playonlinux.com for details. It uses wine but
preconfigured to install various components (DirectX,.net framework,fonts)
automatically when installing a game.

--
Regards-
Junayeed Ahnaf Nirjhor