[Ubuntu-BD] Problems with Lucid

maSnun masnun at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 10:47:44 BST 2010

Hello Everyone,

I am having a few issues with Lucid.

1) Every time I login to my user account, I have to right click on the
network panel, enable mobile broadband and try at least 2-3 times before I
can connect to GP with the old version of GP modem. Once connected, I can
later disconnect and re-connect with one click anytime. So, I think there's
something with the initialization of the session. But can't figure out
anything.

# I have tried waiting 3 minutes before I try to connect after a fresh login
and enabling mobile broadband.
# I have tried without enabling the mobile broadband.
# I have tried disconnecting and re-connecting the device. (It works
sometimes, but very often does not.)

I want my network connection to work smoothly like it worked in Jaunty. I
used to click on GrameenPhone and it connected without a problem.

2) Firefox is having issues with popups. Autosuggestions and history are
getting stuck. They're not updating while I keep typing on. Sometimes
they're just dark (under the default theme, I can read them hovering mouse
over them). It was not happening at first. It came out later.

3) If Netbeans loses focus, you have to right click in the main window to
activate it again. Simple focusing back doesn't help. It was also not
happening at first. It came out later.

4) VLC and probably other QT based apps are having the same popup color
issue of point 2.

--
Abu Ashraf Masnun
Grad Student, BBA,