[Ubuntu-BD] Important: Ubuntu trademark violation

Russell John russell.john at ubuntu.com
Fri Jul 30 16:34:11 BST 2010

I've contacted the Community Council and I was advised not to take any
legal action by ourselves before the legal team of Canonical starts
their work.

So for now let us collect as much as information / pictures as
possible so that we can provide them as evidence later on.

On 30 July 2010 19:23, Zakir Hossain <rajuru at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's a very very serious issue! I don't know how can we inform RAB! I
> mean they even don't know Ubuntu! I am not sure but I guess if any
> person who have given money to that person (Turjo), should file a
> case/GD! and from Ubuntu Bangladesh we should also file a GD as soon
> as possible! Otherwise we will be in serious problem! I believe Ubuntu
> Bangladesh should file GD without any delay and before you go for any
> other legal actions! most probably, this is the only way to show our
> concern to legal authorities! otherwise, then the legal authorities
> will ask ubuntu bd team, 'why you did not file GD as soon as you came
> to know about you' and surely they will try to twist it!
>
> Best Regard,
> Raju
> ------------------------
> http://hungrycoder.xenexbd.com - For novice.
>

> On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 6:30 PM, Anup <d.anup93 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> agree with sarim.we need to contact RAB as soon a possible.
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 6:48 PM, Sarim Khan <sarim2005 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> After consulting with Canonical , think we need to contact with bangladeshi
>>> law enforcers , like RAB or police.
>>> --
>>> Ubuntu Bangladesh | http://ubuntu-bd.org
>>> ubuntu-bd at lists.ubuntu.com

> Ubuntu Bangladesh | http://ubuntu-bd.org

TranceHost.com - Reliable & Affordable Web Hosting
Linux Powered | cPanel Accelerated | 99.9% Uptime | 24/7 Support