[Ubuntu-BD] Updating java to java 6 update 21

Nasimul Haque nasim.haque at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 16:47:32 BST 2010

Java is a very complex technology. Do not mix up with multiple
versions of Java in your system. Be satisfied with what you have from
the distribution. Mac OS X has very old version and even being a
developer I do not try to update to the latest.

Anyway, if you must have to do it. Although there is no reason you
need to do it. First uninstall whatever version you have for Java.
Then download the Java from sun's site. And follow their instructions.
It is not straightforward. You have to do many complicated and ordered
installation for JRE, JDK, JSE and whatever you need. So it's not
possible to tell it what to do in the list. To install manually, you
MUST read manuals.

On 14 August 2010 16:16, Nirjhor <zombiegenerator at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using Sun Java (Strangely, I don't like the open version of it at
> all. Dunno why!). My java version is Java 6 update 20. Installed it from
> the multiverse repo.
>
> Question is, how can I update my Java version? How to install Java from
> self extracting binaries?
> --
> I am me, I wanna be me. Like me or not, this is the way I am-
>
> Junayeed Ahnaf Nirjhor
> Linux Mint Bangladesh
> Facebook- http://www.facebook.com/nirjhor
> Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/nirjhor