[Ubuntu-BD] hello and can't write bangla in webpage

Saad M Niamatullah saadmniamatullah at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 12:43:19 BST 2009

On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 5:07 PM, maya River <maya2k10 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> There is no need to install anything. Just go to to the
>> Settings-->Preferences menu and choose "Keyboard". In the keyboard
>> layout  window, just click "Add" and choose "Bangladesh" from the list
>> there. To quickly switch between English and Bangla keyboard layouts,
>> you can add the keyboard layout switcher applet by clicking the top
>> panel, then choosing "Add".
>>
>> --
>> Saad M Niamatullah
>
> Thanks, I know it. I do everything but cant switch between english and
> bangla keyboard with pressing ctrl+space in firefox, openoffice and
> gedit.
>
> --
> Ubuntu Bangladesh | http://ubuntu-bd.org

Thanks for your reply. I, too have problems switching between layouts
using the keyboard. That's why I use the keyboard layout switcher
applet I told you about. You can get it by right clicking an empty
space on the top panel, then choosing "Add...", then choose the
keyboard layout switcher. It displays the current keyboard layout. All
you have to do is to click it, then the next keyboard layout will be
activated.

--
Saad M Niamatullah