[Ubuntu-BD] hello and can't write bangla in webpage

Saad M Niamatullah saadmniamatullah at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 11:57:16 BST 2009

On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 1:18 PM, Junayeed Ahnaf Nirjhor
<zombiegenerator at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 12:32:09 +0700, maya River <maya2k10 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> I am Max.
>> Just install ubuntu 9.04. Do procedure as these pages
>> (http://www.banglahacks.com/2009/07/blog-post_10.html and
>> http://www.banglahacks.com/2009/07/blog-post_1689.html) but can't
>> write any bangla in webpage like searchbox, comment box even in gmail.
>>
>> Bangla and scim works better in leafpad only. can't write in gtext and
>> open office too. Taking a blank leaf pad when i select input
>> methods>SCIM input method that is work fine.
>> But open office and gtext hasn't any option to set SCIM method. As
>> like in webpages (serchbox, comment box, gmail etc.)- when i press
>> ctrl+space nothing happend. scim aren't active. if i try to active
>> scim by mouse, command goes ok but can't write bangla. I don't what
>> kind of wrong i have done.
>> Would you please give me any suggestion?
>>
>> Thanking you
>>
>> Max
>>

> Did you install scim anthy or scim skk or similar package? If not, Then
> write "sudo apt-get install scim-anthy" in terminal. Then log out and log
> back in. That should do it.
>
> May almighty's blessing always be upon you-
> Md.Junayeed Ahnaf Nirjhor
> Jaleswaritala,Bogra
> Homepage-Http://nirjhor.wordpress.com
> Mobile number-+8801673911916
>
> --
> Ubuntu Bangladesh | http://ubuntu-bd.org

There is no need to install anything. Just go to to the
Settings-->Preferences menu and choose "Keyboard". In the keyboard
layout  window, just click "Add" and choose "Bangladesh" from the list
there. To quickly switch between English and Bangla keyboard layouts,
you can add the keyboard layout switcher applet by clicking the top
panel, then choosing "Add".

--
Saad M Niamatullah