[Ubuntu-BD] Open source alternative to Dreamweaver

Nasimul Haque nasim.haque at gmail.com
Wed May 6 15:30:48 BST 2009

2009/5/6 Hafiz Imtiaz <eee.imtiaz at gmail.com>:
> Hello all
>
> Could anyone please suggest me an open source alternative to Adobe
> Dreamweaver? I use it regularly to update my personal website.

If you use dreamweaver proprietary templates to build your site. Then
there is no alternative. You can only use dreamweaver for handling
those pesky templates.

> I know about Quanta Plus and Bluefish. Quanta Plus is basically for KDE and
> I personally don't like running KDE apps in Gnome. Moreover, I doubt that
> the ease of use of Dreamweaver is present in Quanta Plus, as appears from
> the screenshots of Quanta Plus.

There is nothing wrong in mixing Gnome and KDE apps. I do it
regularly. In fact, all my necessary software are KDE apps but I use
Ubuntu not Kubuntu.

There is another WYSIWYG html editor, called KompoZer. But this is
also a KDE app.

> I don't know HTML programming, so Bluefish is not an option, I guess. Can
> anyone suggest me anything else for my Ubuntu 9.04?

HTML is not programming language. It's a document format.

--
M. Nasimul Haque, M.Sc.(SUST)
Wessex Institute of Technology