[Ubuntu-BD] FYI: Ubuntu ready netbooks in Dhaka

Miah M. Hussainuzzaman mmhzaman at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 19:06:25 GMT 2009

Well, First of all let me declare that I have no business relationship
with these guys. But as a regular home user of ubuntu for over 2 years,
I enjoyed looking at a running ubuntu machine in such a public place.

I provided a FYI in front of the subject; intending to share something
which I thought would be useful to someone belonging to an UBUNTU
COMMUNITY. It is true that other brand of netbooks/laptops also have
linux pre-loaded, but not UBUNTU ... So, I didn't mention it in the
UBUNTU-BD forum.

When DELL released ubuntu-ready laptop models, in some linux community
it was a matter to discuss and get inspired. I cant remember whether
those posts were intended for advertising or not. But certainly, I felt
that, it inspired people who want to spread ubuntu or linux.
(http://www.sachalayatan.com/hussainuzzaman/21180)

This news also will be helpful for reference and public speaking in
front of a crowd having very little or no knowledge about modern desktop
linux.

No comments on their (posh-book) website ;p ... ... I have seen their
advertisement on a Bengali newspaper quite a few days ago and visited
that site once. Later just copied almost all information from their
leaflet.

I will be installing ubuntu on my netbook (HP mini 1001TU) ... even
though it contains original MS-XP SP3 (because I feel safe and easy with
ubuntu/linux). As I have done such installations on PCs for the last 2
years ... I am not worried about it at this moment ... but some newbie
may hesitate and feel that, it is not meant for netbooks ...and where
this piece of information can boost their confidence -- <already there
are netbooks of such configurations sold with ubuntu>. Truely speaking,
a few weeks ago I was looking into the features of Linpus ... ... as I
didn't have any idea how netbooks may react to ubuntu.

Regards,
Shamim.
http://mmhzaman.googlepages.com