[Ubuntu-BD] Problem Regarding Kubuntu 9.04 and VLC Player

maSnun masnun at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 08:26:44 BST 2009

Ok, so... What Tanjir bro wrote made sense to me. I was being stupid to
execute the bash file without changing my current directory to the directory
where the "deb" directory existed. So each time I executed it, it tried to
find the "deb" directory in my home directory, I suppose.

This time, I opened up Konsole. Changed directory to the appropriate path
using the "cd" command. Then I invoked "./install.sh".

There was a large output... Lots of line stating the progress... It replaced
old files, installed newer ones, started some and so on... In the end 4 or 5
files failed to install because they required some dependencies which were
not present in the package. However, VLC got installed. I can play most of
my music, videos and of course discs.

I am quite happy. Now, If I can only connect to the internet, I can dump
Windows :D

PS: I like Kubuntu more than Ubuntu. KDE is really beautiful. One objection
though, if you click an executable file in Ubuntu, it gives you a prompt.
But Kubuntu does not. Double clicking executes it directly.

On 6/26/09, Shabab Mustafa <shabab.mustafa at gmail.com> wrote:

> How you did that? Please do enlighten us.
>
> --
>
> Ubuntu Bangladesh | http://ubuntu.linux.org.bd

Abu Ashraf Masnun
Grad Student, BBA,