[Ubuntu-BD] Uninstalling Programs in Kubuntu

maSnun masnun at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 04:20:13 BST 2009

Hello all,

I'm here with another problem. I installed VLC player earlier on which had
some dependency problem. Now, when I go to System Settings > Add / Remove
programs, I no longer see the lists of available packages, instead a warning
message tells me that some of the dependencies have been broken. And I
should use Synaptic or another decent package manager to solve the problem.

I am having no problem at the moment. But I am curious if there is a way to
list the available packages and remove any of them using the console. Or if
there's any other programs that might help me remove packages without using
the default add/remove panel ?

Thanks

--
Abu Ashraf Masnun