[Ubuntu-BD] Problem Regarding Kubuntu 9.04 and VLC Player

maSnun masnun at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 15:27:40 BST 2009

http://uec-pack.googlecode.com/files/VLC-Player-0.9.9a_(with_all_%20dependencies).tar.gz

>> > ---------------------------
>

> This output is confusing. Did you copy install.sh file from UEC-pack
> folder to the VLC Player 0.9.9a folder? If you did it will never work.
> Do not move files from installer randomly. You must run or double
> click install.sh from within the UEC-pack folder. Not somewhere else.

The install.sh file was in the same directory where the "deb" directory was.

>> > [sudo] password for masnun:
>

> This is why you are getting this error. Because you do not have deb
> folder in the VLC Player 0.9.9a folder.

Yes I have. The full path of install.sh  is  F:\Ubuntu\VLC Player
0.9.9a\install.sh
And the full path to the "deb" directory is F:\Ubuntu\VLC Player 0.9.9a\deb
The path is in windows as you can see.

>> > Then I manually tried clicking and installing the debian packages. Most
> >> of
>

> Debian package that depends on another package must be installed after
> the required package. When a package install fails, it tells you why
> it failed. There you'll see which package you need to install before
> this package can be installed. Note carefully, those packages and
> install them first. Then try again your package.

On my Kubuntu, it just says that an error encountered. No specific details
in the GUI. Should I try any other command from shell to install
individually ?

Thanks.

--
Abu Ashraf Masnun