[Ubuntu-BD] Problem Regarding Kubuntu 9.04 and VLC Player

shiplu shiplu.net at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 09:43:55 BST 2009

Do you have internet configured in Kubuntu box? If yes use repository
to install vlc. You can use synaptic or adept to install.  If you dont
have internet configured, its better to configure it now. Otherwise
lots of problem will arise and you may not able to solve it. Specially
while installing new software. For now you can download vlc packages
from packages.ubuntu.{com,org} with dependency packages. Then install
them with dpkg command. Ubuntu is a very well stable platform with
almost all the open source softwares in its repository. So you don't
have to compile/build any source.