[Ubuntu-BD] How can I change mac address on SLAX?

Lenin lenin at phpxperts.net
Tue Jun 16 15:58:52 BST 2009

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 3:41 PM, Bokhari, Saif Imam <saifimam at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear,
> I can change my mac address on ubuntu using this procedure -
>
> sudo gedit /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh
> ifconfig eth0 down
> ifconfig eth0 hw ether 112233445566
> ifconfig eth0 up
>
> Now I need to change my mac address on SLAX but I can't do it. Is there
> anyone to help me?

I'm no SLAX user but doing a little google I find SLAX is not too different:
have a look at here http://www.google.com.bd/search?q=MAC+address+on+SLAX

The first Entry in that search is
http://www.slax.org/forum.php?action=view&parentID=19495

And that tells that the commands are exactly like the version you are
trying.

But the first line * sudo gedit /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh    *which is not
really the MAC address changing line rather its setting the following lines
to the shell script text file only. And the shell script is created directly
at the init.d folder which will run every time you turn on your system.

So, just create the   /etc/init.d/bootmisc-or-whatever.sh file then save it.

Thanks

Lenin

www.twitter.com/nine_L