[Ubuntu-BD] installing and running MSOffice 2003 in ubuntu 9.04 using wine

Shahriar Tariq shahriar at linux.org.bd
Sat Jun 13 13:57:29 BST 2009

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 6:27 PM, ~Split_Fire~ <raptor167 at gmail.com> wrote:

> G'day,
> I just installed ubuntu 9.04. I 've some applications that needs MS
> products
> like Office 2003. Now, I don't want to reboot my system whenever I need to
> use MS Office. I 've installed Wine 1.1.23 which is still a development
> release. But when I want to install Office 2003 using wine, it fails with
> an
> error. I am new in linux, can anyone please point me any link or
> documentation?

can I ask you why do you specifically need MS office 2003? OpenOffice.org
can do the job in same way.

even then if you must run MS office try to run installed MS office on your
windows partition. should work.

it would have been great if you could submit error message here, otherwise
we are shooting in the dark.........

--
Thanking you
Shahriar