[Ubuntu-BD] problem installing vlc-8.0.4a

Shahriar Tariq shahriar at linux.org.bd
Fri Jun 5 20:53:46 BST 2009

On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 1:05 AM, ~Split_Fire~ <raptor167 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Although, I tried this method for installing unrar in ubuntu 7.10 which has
> a little set of dependencies, but failed. It shows a dependency missing,

were you trying to install latest packages in 7.10? in that case there might
be package version conflict.

> Now another headache, I just updated my ubuntu 7.10 version to 8.04 through
> internet. It took a long time (around 8 hours to download all of the
> packages in my 15 kbps line on averege), and in the time of downloading
> power interrupted, I hibernated the computer and restarted it after power
> has been back. It seemed to be resume the download from where it was
> interrupted. But after completing the installation it took a long time to
> log in and shows an error message, and there is no sound. I 've attached
> herewith a screenshot of the message. Is there any way to fix it? Or I need
> another complete new installation?

Attachments are disabled in this mailing list please upload attachments
somewhere else then share the link.

Are the online resources for 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon) is compelely thrown out?
> Because in case of installing any software, it doesn't find the link. Are
> there any archives that can be pointed in case of installation if someone
> is
> using older version?

I did not understand your question properly. are asking whether the repo has
been removed? then yes it may happen since support for 7.10 ended on April
24th. if you are asking whether online materials (as in tutorials and such)
then no you can still find them some where online.

--
Thanking you
Shahriar

Volunteer, Bangladesh Linux Users Alliance http://linux.org.bd