[Ubuntu-BD] how to install intel G31 graphics driver

nazmul mahmud nazmul_mahmud at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 27 07:26:34 BST 2009

thanks a lot, bhaiya...

after mailing here yesternight, I tried uninstalling the nvidia soft from the synaptic coz it was previously installed when I had my nvidia graphics card in my old CPU.
when i restarted my pc, the display was totally ok and compiz was working fine.
nw I configured my screen resolution to 1152*864 at 75 Hz (my monitor is 17" samsung CRT, though it was showing 16" in the display window) coz at this resolution, the display looks good to me. The display and compiz were still working fine.
but after that when I restarted again, my desktop comes and starts to be black with my mouse click. whatever I click, it gets black. in this process, I whole display gets black within 5 to 7 seconds. I have nothing to do here.
I logged in to the recovery mode (from the boot menu) and tried the recover my graphics (probably it is xfix).
but no solution when I log on to my ubuntu again.

what can I do now, bhaiya?