[Ubuntu-BD] We need web based translation solution

Shahriar Tariq shahriar at linux.org.bd
Sat Jul 18 04:27:25 BST 2009

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 9:51 PM, tanjir <orko_147 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> What are you talking about? :-/ We already have a web-based translation
> system. RJ forwarded an e-mail about this 2-3 days ago. Please read that. If
> you want to contribute, get a launchpad id, from launchpad.net. Then
> select Ubuntu, from top, select translation then select Bengali... and you
> are right there :)... choose any package you want to translate, and start
> doing it! Cheers!
> -----
> tanjir

Tanjir you see/notice the right word.. RBL = Royal Bengal Linux. it is a
(seemingly sleeping) project of BLUA which will derive from Ubuntu and will
use xfce desktop environment.... Localized in Bengali, redesigned to fit
Bangladeshi users need yet easy to use system.

we need online translation system to translate xfce in Bengali. (poedit or
kbabel is nice but it fails to create synergy effect.)

sadly launchpad does not give facilities to single localization project, may
be in the future when we go multinational they might help us...

if anyone can set up an online translation medium with xfce it would be
great :)

--
Thanking you
Shahriar

Volunteer, Bangladesh Linux Users Alliance http://linux.org.bd
http://forum.linux.org.bd

Marketing & Contents Officer, Ubuntu Bangladesh
http://www.ubuntu.linux.org.bd

Endorsement: আমাদের প্রযুক্তি ফোরাম http://forum.amaderprojukti.com/ and
মুক্ত.অর্গ http://mukto.org