[Ubuntu-BD] nVidia Corporation NV11 [GeForce2 MX/MX 400]

shiplu shiplu.net at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 00:29:17 BST 2009

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 1:01 AM, Md.Abdullah Bin
Salam<ab.duetcse at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
> i'm trying to  install package from synaptic but  i get this error
>
> E: Could not get lock /var/cache/apt/archives/lock - open (11 Resource
> temporarily unavailable)
> E: Unable to lock the download directory
>
> what should i do?

may be you have opened an apt instance already. It may happen you run
apt-get or aptitude command. Then you opened synaptic. When you
open/run any of apt-get/aptitude/adept/synaptic make sure others are
not running.

Your driver is Geforce2 MX400. Its very old card. You may not be able
to install it. I had MX440. I tried, But no driver works for it.
The best way is to install it by EnvyNG. If EnvyNG fails you can
download legacy linux driver from ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/
These drivers are not available in nvidia's main site. Depending on
your cpu proceed to the proper directory. Then download the
appropriate driver. Usually 70 to 90 series driver worked for my
Geforece4 MX440. I used it 3/4 years ago with my Fedora/Redhat9

--
A K M Mokaddim
http://talk.cmyweb.net