[Ubuntu-BD] invalid reply header (repo problem)

Shahriar Tariq shahriar at linux.org.bd
Thu Jul 2 09:38:43 BST 2009

hi guys
had few problem with my pc, had to change the hdd. on my new hdd I
installed Kubuntu 9.04 yesterday.

whenever I refresh my repo list (in cli) it does update the list but
with the following error:

=================
W: Failed to fetch
http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/jaunty/Release.gpg  The HTTP
server sent an invalid reply header [IP: 91.189.88.46 80]

E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old
ones used instead.
=================

furthermore when I try to upgrade the system it shows me
authentication problem but does not show any key signature error (so
the keys are valid).

=====================
WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!

any idea/suggestions?

--
Thanking you
Shahriar