[Ubuntu-BD] Linus Torvalds Switched Back To Gnome

Shahriar Tariq shahriar at linux.org.bd
Sun Jan 25 08:50:51 GMT 2009

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 2:13 PM, DarkLord (:= <darklord2007 at gmail.com>wrote:

> <http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/linus-torvalds-switched-back-to-gnome.html>I tried KDE4 for day or two.. and it had some nasty bugs and features.
> To be frank, KDE 3.5 was much better and superior to GNOME. Personally,
> I prefer GNOME's easy to follow clean interface without bugs. What do
> you think?.

I agree kde 3.5 was way superior than Gnome (in terms of feature &
flexibility, but I still liked Gnome environment... straight forward).. KDE
4 have destroyed the reputation, and made some unwanted changes which we
don't like. (no autohide panel? No root File opening within Dolphin? Why my
Internet does not work out of the box? etc etc...)

Even though I lost many frequently used feature, lost the charm, felt lost
for the first week of use, I don't think I am going to switch to Gnome. Just
waiting for KDE 4.2 release... lets see what it brings...

--
Thanking you
Shahriar

Volunteer, Bangladesh Linux Users Alliance http://linux.org.bd