[Ubuntu-BD] I love LXDE who else?????

Tarin Mahmood mrlinux045 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 05:50:58 GMT 2009

> i hav tried xfce (wher the hell is bottom panel and when i minimize a
> app where the hell it goes

Probably you deleted the bottom panel? The task list supposed to be in the
bottom panel or probably you are facing a bug on a outdated version

> damm i dont wanna whole Application manu when i rightclick tht could be
> good for some users for open a app quickly but for me its "wired"

I'm curious, Why is right click menu on the Desktop so important? People
rarely use it, all Linux desktops auto refreshs. of cource if you put
everything in the desktop then you might need the right click menu to
organize them

but you can always change what do you want on the right click menu in
XFCE/Openbox!

LXDE Desktop is ugly ... but I have to say openbox is a awesome Window
Manager, which is iirc the default window manager in LXDE. I've used
OB+GNOME at work PC and it was quiet fast. If anyone have a older System or
need a or just want a faster UI, they should go for OB, very good
documentation and easily customizable.

Mahmood