[Ubuntu-BD] Compiz

Ashiqur Rahman Angel angel at linux.org.bd
Sat Feb 7 16:21:22 GMT 2009

On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 9:48 PM, dark lord <darklord2007 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I dont know why whenever i enable compiz my titlebar disappear i mean
> not transparent totaly vanished.

&

If you don´t want those crap, simply install Fluxbox and login ur user as
Desktop Gnome (Fluxbox). Hopefully, compiz will work now (only if your
graphics card is capable to run compiz).

The idea about Fluxbox, I got from rJ. Thanks to him.

> What is the prob and 1 more thing
> when i login to my other user(i mean not root ) my desktop resulation
> b'come 1024 x 768 i changed it to 1280 x 1024 and press the button
> "save to x configuration file" in Nvidia x server settings it says
> unable to remove old x config backup file /etc/X11/xorg.conf.backup
>
> but in root it dont show any error just happens with the user i use

User has not any permission to edit xorg.conf file. So it can´t modify the
xorg.conf file. Run nvidia-settings as root. Then change the resulation. And
save it to xorg.conf file. It´ll work for each user of the system.

--
Angel
Bangladesh Linux Users Alliance

Fedora -- Freedom² and rapid innovation