[Ubuntu-BD] Installing Themes

Junayeed Ahnaf Nirjhor zombiegenerator at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 08:44:26 GMT 2009

On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 15:00:11 +0700, Shahriar Tariq <shahriar at linux.org.bd>
wrote:

> On Friday 11 December 2009 14:50:41 Junayeed Ahnaf Nirjhor wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I wanna know how to install themes in GNOME based OS. I've downloaded a
>> theme packed as .tar.bz but failed to install it. I tried to extract and
>> drag and drop it in the theme box but nothing happens.
> You don't need to extract the tar file, just drag and drop

Without luck. Downloaded a theme from gnome-look named
"Achromatic_Gtk2x_v2_by_monkeymagico.gz". But after dragging it to theme
box this is happening ""Achromatic_Gtk2x_v2_by_monkeymagico.gz" does not
appear to be a valid theme." then after extracting it's showing
""achromatic.tar" does not appear to be a valid theme."

I have installed Aurora GTK. Version is 1.5.1
>> And how to install Emerald themes in ubuntu. I've installed emerald by
>> typing, "Sudo apt-get
>> install emerald". Now what?
>
> for installing emerald theme check http://www.detector-
> pro.com/2008/11/install-emerald-3d-themes-and-make-it.html
>
> (link courtesy alokito)

Mess with the best,Die like the rest.
Junayeed Ahnaf Nirjhor
Jaleswaritala,Bogra