[Ubuntu-BD] Fixing (Or updating) GRUB

Nirjhor zombiegenerator at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 04:57:43 BST 2009

I would like to write down how have I fixed GRUB yesterday for future
reference:

1)Load up the ubuntu live CD.

2)Mount the hard drive partition that has the bootloader on it. In my
case it was sda5. You can check by doing an fdisk -l command in your
terminal.

Now we need to mount it so here are the commands I used:

#sudo mkdir /media/linux *creates a point we can mount

#sudo gedit /etc/fstab *should launch a text editor with your boot list

add this line to your fstab "/dev/sda2 /media/linux /ext4"

3)Now we need to get to our GRUB menu

#cd /media/linux/boot/grub/

#sudo gedit menu.lst

4) Now you need to edit your menu.lst to your listings here is what mine
looks like:

http://pastebin.org/12521

--
Mess with the best.......Die like the rest
Md. Junayeed Ahnaf Nirjhor