[Ubuntu-BD] General Questions about linux

Shahriar Tariq shahriar at linux.org.bd
Mon Aug 24 17:07:07 BST 2009

> ১।লিনাক্স এ সফটওয়্যার এর লাইসেন্স এগ্রিমেন্ট নাই কেন?

Well EULA stands for End User Licence Agreement.. in open source/free
software world There is no EULA.  The philosophy stands user are free to use
the software whereever however they wish to use it... THAT"S SOFTWARE
FREEDOM

most of the licenses that are outlined there are targeted for other software
vendors/developers and what they can do with the source code they
see/receive.

In some cases there are ELUA for opensource softwares yet in those cases you
don't have to click and accept it because the developer and the community
assumes if you are using it you are already accepting the terms of use. if
you are interested to know your rights you will be given opportunity to
check from developers/vendors site.

About a year ago Mozilla decided to integrate this EULA agreement feature
with firefox in Ubuntu which created worldwide uproar and criticism which
actually forced mozilla to drop the idea.

> ২।লিনাক্স এ ড্রাইভ নাই কেন উইন্ডোজ এর মত?

Linux also have predefined drive identifier check this one out
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/3180/screenshot002x.png

> ৩।লিনাক্স এ উইন্ডোজ বা ম্যাক এর মত সফটওয়্যার সিডিতে করে বাজারে পাওয়া যায় না
> কেন?

Its available in western/developed nation. In Bangladesh no organization
have taken the initiative although I know some general people are providing
copies of linux distro and their repo to some shop... fact is in Bangladesh
the demand is limited to certain section not a booming section yet.

৪। উবুন্টুটা এত সাদামাটা কেন? ভিস্তা বা উইন ৭ কত সুন্দর।

then the system requirement will also rise like vista or win 7 when they
release new version every 6 months

> ৫।উইন্ডোজ এ যেমন সব কিছুই গ্রাফিকাল ওয়ে তে করা যায় লিনাক্স এ ও কি তা সম্ভব?

There are many administrative tasks in Windows that you can't do in gui, you
need to do in cli.. say networking.... Most of the basic tasks in Linux can
be done using GUI but experts prefer CLi because they are easy to refer and
hard to screw up..

how easy to refer? just say you are teaching to add new repo source
 gksudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
and paste your new repo link save

or give vi command

or
GUI Solution:
go to system menu, Administrator submenu, Software Sources, 3rd party
Software sources tab, click on Add, put your source link, click add, Click
apply Click reload.

--
Thanking you
Shahriar

Volunteer, Bangladesh Linux Users Alliance http://linux.org.bd
http://forum.linux.org.bd

Marketing & Contents Officer, Ubuntu Bangladesh
http://www.ubuntu.linux.org.bd

Endorsement: আমাদের প্রযুক্তি ফোরাম http://forum.amaderprojukti.com/ and
মুক্ত.অর্গ http://mukto.org