[Ubuntu-BD] Ubuntu 8.10 DVD Problem

maSnun masnun at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 14:10:05 BST 2009

Hello All,

I am Masnun from Khulna. I ordered ubuntu 8.10 on ship it and got my CD a
few days back. I tried to install Ubuntu as a dual boot along with my Vista
Black edition. It installed but the Grub doesn't work, so my Vista loads
automatically without giving me the chance to make a switch.. So I installed
Ubuntu inside Windows (Wubi). Everything's fine. I am not complaining that I
couldn't install Ubuntu as a standalone OS.

The current issue is with my BenQ Sata DVD ReWriter. Ubuntu seems to be
unable to handle it.

Vendor: Benq
Model: DW205S
MAX Speed: 20X

When I insert a CD into the drive and click on the CD/DVD icon inside my
Ubuntu, I get an error message saying something like "Can not mount. There
is no media". I have tried several times. No results.

I am a bit open source enthusiast and don't wanna leave Ubuntu. Please help
me out!

--
Abu Ashraf Masnun
Grad Student, BBA,