[Ubuntu-BD] nvidia

Shabab Mustafa shabab.mustafa at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 22:44:59 GMT 2008

To install you nVidia card properly you need EnvyNG.

<Quote from EnvyNG site <http://albertomilone.com/nvidia_scripts1.html>: >

"Envy" is an application for *Ubuntu Linux* and *Debian* written in *Python*and
*PyGTK* which will:
1) detect the model of your graphic card (only ATI and Nvidia cards are
supported) and install the appropriate driver. However automatic detection
can be overridden with the "Manual installation"
2) install the right driver for your card and all the required dependencies
3) configure the Xserver for you

Envy features both a GUI (which you can launch only inside a Desktop
Environment) and a textual interface which you can use if, for example, you
cannot start the Xserver.
</Quote>

EnvyNG is available in Universe repository. You can also find the command
line installation method here. <http://albertomilone.com/envyngfaq.html#A>

I have a NVidia Graphics card and I have configured it via EnvyNG and it is
working fine.

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 3:47 AM, DarkLord (:= <darklord2007 at gmail.com>wrote:

> my agp is nvidia gforce mx now i cant enable desktop effect.in ubu 8.04
> i had  a option in System > Administrator > Hardware driver  there i can
> enable or download propietery driver . but in 8.10 at same Hardware
> driver window showing no propietery drivers are in use on this system.
>
> how can i use desktop effect or install driver for agp?
>
> even Avant Window Nevigator not working!@!!!1

বাংলায় লিখুন, বাংলায় পড়ুন..
WRITE IN BANGLA, READ IN BANGLA, VISIT http://omicronlab.com