[Ubuntu-BD] Virtualbox

Shahiduzzaman shahid21st at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 03:19:14 GMT 2008

Hi,

On the virtual box menu, select 'Shared Folders...' under 'Devices'.
Click on the '+' button on the left of the 'Shared Folders...' dialog
box to add new shared folder. Click browse to choose the mapping of
shared folder (you can choose any path of your Host OS). Then give it
a name and you are done (Don't forget to check 'make permanent' option
if you want to persist this shared folder in future virtual box
sessions '). Now you have added a shared folder, you need to access it
from the Guest OS. I am assuming you are using Windows XP as Guest OS.
Go to 'My Computer'. Click 'Map Network Drive' under Tools menu.
Choose a drive name and click browse for the Folder option. You will
see the network drives of your computer and you could also see a
folder named 'VirtualBox Shared Folders'. Expand it and choose the
Shared Folder you just created. Then you are done by Clicking finish.
If you choose the 'reconnect at logon', then you can access this
shared folder under the specified drive name in My Computer each time
you start Windows.

I hope this helps.

Thanks.
Shahid