[ Ubuntu-BD ] writing C program in Ubuntu

Nasimul Haque nasim.haque at gmail.com
Fri May 30 00:25:34 BST 2008

On Ubuntu use gcc and on windows use MinGW. These are the same compiler.

Install gcc on ubuntu through the package build-essential

$ sudo apt-get install build-essential

Install MinGW on your windows. Now you can write cross-platform C/C++
code and compile.

Kdevelop is only an IDE. You must install build-essential to compile
and run your code.

Nasim

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 8:00 PM, nasir khan <nasir8891 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to add one thing that i have to write programs in windows platform. i
> have to use Turbo C to write those codes.
>
> so if you can suggest me a better compiler which will be very helpful for me
> to write codes both in windows and Ubuntu.
>

> [I know this is a Ubuntu forum but i also need a better compiler for windows
> .
> so i need a compiler for c/c++ and java which works both platforms or two
> compilers which are similar to each other.]
>

> ---
> Nasir Khan Saikat

M. Nasimul Haque, M.Sc.(SUST)
Wessex Institute of Technology