[ Ubuntu-BD ] installing hardy direct from ISO

Ammar Karim ammar.lists at gmail.com
Wed May 28 05:35:48 BST 2008

russell bhai,

Sorry I didn't reply earlier. My downloaded ISO was corrupt and I
didnt get around to installing hardy for a while. But I just tried
this method with a new ISO download.

Unfortunately this method did not work like a cd install and after
showing a few things not found, booted into an "initramfs" she'll. I
don't know what next to do through here, so I've rebooted to my feisty
and will burn a cd now.

I really need ntfs writing now, as the windows drives have got a nasty
rootkit virus file that avast detects, kaspersky blocks, but neither
can remove.

Here comes Hardy on my pc.