[ Ubuntu-BD ] Command line Utility/Program

Russell John russell at linux.org.bd
Wed May 14 02:14:10 BST 2008

Good topic!  I'm glad there are people who still like the text based tools. :)

Let me recommend you some of my favourite programs: lynx (web
browser), wget (download manager), mpg123 (audio player), gramofile
(sound recorder), ncftp (FTP client), mutt (mail client), mc (file
manager, a Norton Commander look-alike), raggle (RSS feed reader).

There are more programs, but you can try these for now.  I hope others
will send their recommendations too.

- Russell

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 6:00 AM, Masum Masum <a.h.m.masum at gmail.com> wrote:

> I love Linux for its powerful Command Line (For Eye-candy effects also).
> However I am using elinks - a terminal base browser. and Cplay - another
> terminal based player.And also vi. Anyone knows any other programs like
> these?

Your mouse has moved. Windows NT must be restarted for the change to
take effect. Reboot now? [ OK ]