[ Ubuntu-BD ] Call for help: looking for speakers

Shahriar Tariq shahriar at linux.org.bd
Tue May 13 10:07:09 BST 2008

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 2:14 PM, Masum Masum <a.h.m.masum at gmail.com> wrote:

> Pls give a bit more detail regarding Date, Time and any qualification
> require.

I am answering on behalf or Mr. Russell John.
The function will be held on Saturday May 17m 2008 from 3pm to 6pm.

It is about the Linux world. Open source  philosophy, Introduction of
Ubuntu, features of Ubuntu, Different variants of Ubuntu, Question Answers
regarding Linux, open source philosophy, Ubuntu

So interested people may decide to speak on any of the topics...

The only qualification required is that *Speakers must have enough knowledge
about the topic they want to speak about, & they must have the ability to
convey their view in plain language*.

That is during the presentation people may and will ask questions, so it is
essential that speakers have adequate knowledge about his/her subject to
answer those questions confidently and easily thus making the audience feel
comfortable.

If I miss something I will request Mr. Russell to add those points.

If you have any further quarries feel free to ask them.

> On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 9:40 PM, Russell John <russell at linux.org.bd>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi friends,
> >
> > We're looking for fresh faces who'd like to make presentations on
> > Ubuntu (and it's derivatives) on the release party.  If anyone is
> > interested to speak, then please reply me off the list (russell AT
> > linux.org.bd) and we can discuss about the topic and the content.
> > We're looking for presentations of 15-20 minutes time limit and the
> > subject matter should be ledgible for novice and intermediate level
> > users.
> >
> > Hoping for all your support.  Let's make the event a success story. :)
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Russell
> >
> > --
> > Your mouse has moved. Windows NT must be restarted for the change to
> > take effect. Reboot now? [ OK ]
> >
> > --

Thanking you
Shahriar