[ Ubuntu-BD ] Fedora-bangladesh-list

Russell John russell at linux.org.bd
Mon May 12 16:08:34 BST 2008

Let's not talk about issue anymore on this list :)

There's another mailing list that we've and I'll give the link ASAP so
that interested people can continue the debate there.  That list is
disabled right now, I'm trying to move it to a dedicated server that
only handles mailman lists.

Thanks,
Russell

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 12:21 AM, Masum Masum <a.h.m.masum at gmail.com> wrote:

> I second your comment. If you want to compare LINUX do it with other OS. Not
> within distros.
>

> On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 11:34 PM, Tarin Mahmood <tmahmood at arenamobile.com>
> wrote:
>

> > I guess Omi bhai was putting an end to the Fedora Vs. Ubuntu debate, but
> I'll add something that I think everyone missing.
> >
> > I'll clear my position here first, I love Linux, I love the freedom in it.
> Currently I use Ubuntu cause I've became used to it. I've also used Redhat ,
> Fedora 1-8 and I know my ins and out of both of the distros.
> >
> > Now I should point out some information
> > Canonical (Ubuntu's Sponsor) also provides paid supports and if you don't
> want to pay you go to the community, Its all the same with Redhat, if you
> want dedicated support you go for paid service if not then go to the
> Community. Yes Fedora also have a good community.
> > But at the end the paid service is mostly useful for Large corporations
> and companies.
> > Don't forget, every corporation is in it for money.
> >

> > I am not stereotyping Fedora, but seriously I dont see there is any
> necessity of this distro anymore :)
> >
> > Debian and Mandriva (former mandrake) are much more matured than this one,
> even you can conside Suse too - I had to point out this comment, cause I
> think I have to.
> > You are getting it all wrong. Linux is all about community and working
> together. Red-hat implements something Ubuntu adopts it and Vise versa.
> Without this community work Linux wouldn't have came this far. So every one
> is important. So for the sake of Linux, Fedora should exists, so should
> Ubuntu and other thousands of distros, cause anyone contribute anything in
> the end it that helps each and every one of us.
> >
> > because it didn't worked for you, doesn't meant it will not work for
> others, it works. Thousands of servers runs on Fedora/Redhat. Fedora have a
> big user base. Where I work, the server is a Fedora 8 server and it works,
> its damn solid.
> >
> > Fedora is more matured then most of the distros you mentioned except
> Debian.
> >
> > I like redhat because, Red hat have been giving us their OS for free for a
> Long long time and mind it their contribution to Linux is undeniable and
> huge. And They still have a big part in Linux's development and they will
> have for a long time to come.
> > Mandriva and Suse are corporate maggots from whome I think I would stay
> away, I don't remember Mandriva ever contribute something mentionable to the
> OSS and while Suse contribution is awesome (Compiz, silverlight etc.) they
> are sold to MS.
> >
> > I agree yum sucks, but its a new system (w/r to apt) so it needs time. As
> far I remember their developers are working for an unified repository, once
> its completed, most of the dependency problems will be solved. I've used
> Fedora 8 and I have to say it was solid. Only problem was the package
> [...]

Your mouse has moved. Windows NT must be restarted for the change to
take effect. Reboot now? [ OK ]