[ Ubuntu-BD ] Fedora-bangladesh-list

Omi Azad me at omiazad.net
Sat May 10 19:48:31 BST 2008

My only question to Mr. Angle is, why people use Fedora as a OS. OS like
Fedora gave panic to the users. Look at Ubuntu, how many successful
desktop users they have.

Hasin
I'm not also against Fedora, but their ultimate goal is to make money by
selling support. That is why they use critical system like YUM..

Omi

Hasin Hayder wrote:

> I am not stereotyping Fedora, but seriously I dont see there is any
> necessity of this distro anymore :)
>
> Debian and Mandriva (former mandrake) are much more matured than this
> one, even you can conside Suse too - I just cant explain how many
> sleepless nights I have spent and how many times my attempts failed to
> migrate to Linux just for Fedora. No one ever guided me that there was
> a distro called Debian when I was really fucked up by dependency panic
> of YUM and I failed to use fedora as a replacement of Windows.
>
> I am repeating again and I am not totally against Fedora, but I find
> it's useless
>
> No hard feelings, I am just sharing my bitter experience, hope you've
> understood what I mean
>
> -Hasin Hayder
>
> 2008/5/10 Angel <angel.fedora at gmail.com <mailto:angel.fedora at gmail.com>>:
>
>     Hello all,
>     This is an invitation from Fedora Bangladesh group. There has a
>     mailing list for Fedora Bangladesh user, contributor and fan. Yes,
>     I know here all are Ubuntu user. But main fact is, we all are
>     Linux user. So please, subscribe to Fedora-bangladesh-list
>     <https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-bangladesh-list>.
>     Here is the address,
>     https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-bangladesh-list.
>     Thank you all.
>

>     সবাইকে স্বাগতম,
>     এটি ফেডোরা বাংলাদেশ গ্রুপের পক্ষ থেকে উন্মুক্ত-আহ্বান। বাংলাদেশী ফেডোরা
>     ব্যবহারকারী, স্বেচ্ছাসেবক ও অনুরাগীদের জন্য আমাদের একটি সুনির্দিষ্ট মেইলিং
>     লিস্ট রয়েছে। হতে পারে বেশিরভাগ লিনাক্স অনুরাগীই আমাদের মাঝে উবুন্টু
>     ব্যবহার করেন, কিন্তু সবাই উবুন্টু ব্যবহার করেন না। উবুন্টুর পাশাপাশিও তারা
>     ফেডোরার মতো অন্যান্য লিনাক্স ডিস্ট্রো ব্যবহার করেন। তাই আমাদের আসল
>     উদ্দেশ্য কিন্তু কোন নির্দিষ্ট ডিস্ট্রোর অনুরাগী আকৃষ্ট করা নয় বরং সকল লিনাক্স
>     ব্যবহারকারীদের আগ্রহী করে তোলা।
>     তাই আসুন আমরা সবাই অংশগ্রহন করি Fedora-bangladesh-list
>     <https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-bangladesh-list>
>     টিতে। অংশগ্রহন করতে যান
>     https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-bangladesh-list
>
>     সবাইকে শুভেচ্ছা রইলো আশা করি আপনাদের ফেডোরা মেইলিং লিস্টে দেখতে পাবো।
>
>     --
>     Angel
>     GPG key: 0xC4639705
>     http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/AshiqurRahman