[ Ubuntu-BD ] Hate Ubuntu? It's normal!

Shahriar Tariq shahriar at linux.org.bd
Sat Jun 7 10:40:46 BST 2008

On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 3:18 PM, 9el <doctortomorrow at gmail.com> wrote:

> Much things to ponder about....

Well I am a newbee in the linux world... But I have heard my share of
arguments and these negative approach.

For instance...

Windows vs. Linux
Vista vs. Mac OS X vs. Ubuntu
Gnome vs KDE
Fedora vs. Ubuntu
CSS vs OSS
OSS vs FOSS

Well its natural to have a difference in opinion and its ok to express them
to others

We need to focus on Good sides as well as the other side of the coin. Ubuntu
and linux is Friendly but still there are lots of problem where only experts
and well knowledgable person can help. So when I promote Ubuntu I should
fairly state the problems too.

But sometimes its hard to resist emotion and then all the problem sets in.
Sometimes we make stupid remarks sometimes we offend someone... so it is not
easy.

For once we need to set our goal. What we want. Total integration of Linux?
FOSS? or what? then we should be careful what we do and say.
--
Thanking you
Shahriar