[ Ubuntu-BD ] what is *.DjVu

Mustafa Zaman [RAJIB] mustafa.rzaman at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 17:14:20 BST 2008

On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 7:02 PM, Nasimul Haque <nasim.haque at gmail.com> wrote:

> I use it all the time. Specially older books are available online
> through this format. Evince, the default document viewer of Ubuntu,
> opens this format out of the box along with pdf, ps. There are lots of
> book online formatted as djvu. Mostly mathematical old books. This is
> absolutely necessary for the post graduate students who are doing
> research.
>
> Nasim

Dear Nasim Vai,
This is a very useful information. Thanks for sharing. The reason i
interested on it because i download some books which is *.DjVu format. The
quality is really good.

> On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 5:26 AM, Omi Azad <me at omiazad.net> wrote:
> > It's a very old research, but no one used that. :(
> >

> > Jewel wrote:
> >
> > amar jana mote eta pdf er moto ekta format....

To Jewel vai....
Thanks for reply. Yes *.DjVu is a same kind of file type. In fact you can
convert a *.DjVu file in to *.pdf...... But there are obviously
differences.. I just found a link and still reading that topic
http://www.djvu-to-pdf.com/djvu_vs_pdf.html

> > On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 11:47 PM, Raihan Hasnain <
> raihanhasnain at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> নতুন ইমেজ কমপ্রেশন টেকনোলজি মনে হচ্ছে! ভাবসাব দেেখ তো মনে হচ্ছে অনেক
> >> উন্নত মানের কিছু্। তবে ইমেজ ভিউয়ার সফটওয়‍্যারগুলোতে তো সাপোর্ট থাকতে
> হবে।
> >>
> >> off the record, আপনি কি bracu এর রাজিব?

*Off the record*
Dear Raihan Brother,
Sorry that i recognize you late. But if you told that you are gizmo then i
will defiantly recognize you. By the way Ke khobor???