[ Ubuntu-BD ] IRC channel

Russell John russell.john at ubuntu.com
Thu Jul 3 11:01:49 BST 2008

Please excuse me for replying in English.

I understand that people find IRC awkward these days since there are
modern IM protocols that support audio/video, but it is still a good
medium to carry on a good amount of conversation.  I'm doing marketing
for the channel right now, so you'll expect similar emails in the
future until the channel grows significantly. ;)

I don't think people will be interested in online meetings -- but we
can give it a shot someday.

Now do some marketing for the channel and be there! :)

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 3:34 PM, DarkLord (:= <darklord2007 at gmail.com> wrote:

> এভাবে তো হবেনা ... অন্যান্য ওপেনসোর্স অরগানাইজেশন যেরকম অনলাইন মিটিং এর
> আয়োজন করে আইআরসি তে সেরকম আয়োজন করতে পারেন।
>
> মিটিং এ নির্দিষ্ট এজেন্ডা থাকবে। তারপর মেইল লিস্টে সময় জানিয়ে সবাইকে চ্যাটে
> আসতে বলুন। সবাইতো আর সবসময় চ্যাটে থাকতে পারেনা তাই একটি নির্দিষ্ট সময় আমরা
> অনলাইন আলোচনা বা আড্ডায় বসতে পারি।
>
> কেমন লাগলো আইডিয়া?
>

> Russell John wrote:
>> Yes, that's the recent scenario.  I sent a graph of last 2 weeks usage
>> on my previous email, in case if you guys didn't get it, then take a
>> look at it here: http://tinyurl.com/63yn5s
>>
>> For now you can also join our chat room from
>> http://ubuntu-bd.org/chat/ -- please give it a shot.
>>
>> Thank you all.

>>> I visited many times.
>>> I have seen the logs. I see there is no chat log for 3/4 days.
>>> Every time I log in I see only locobot, Chanserv and ubot3 online except the
>>> last time
>>>

>>> --
>>> A K M Mokaddim
>>> http://talk.cmyweb.net/
>>> Stop Top Posting !!
>>> --

> DARKLORD (:=
>
> Ishtiaque Ahmed (Foisal)
>
> Contributor : http://mukto.org
> (First opensource related web magazine in bangla language )
>
> My Blog: http://foisal.wordpress.com
> My youtube : http://www.youtube.com/medarklord

No Microsoft products were used in the preparation or transmission of
this message.

Russell John | Bangladesh Linux Users Alliance
1024D/91F003D2 | (+88) 0161-Russell | http://russelljohn.info